Sunday, November 9, 2014

My Fairytale

Remember my trip once in Manila? I had been there because I attended a seminar about something I cannot share.

I remember staying in the Malate area. I slept at the cheapest place I could find on the net and I succeeded. Not only was it cheap but it was also a 'tripadvisor' recommended place.

At first I didn't know what that 'tripadvisor' tag meant but as soon as I checked-in the idea sunk in me.

It was a place where foreigners of different nationalities usually go to. We were in a group but I felt naked as we walked across the lobby area where a group of foreign nationals looked upon us.

I felt naked and I hated it. It's like foreigners are my kryptonite. My eternal weakness.

As I put my things inside my room, I saw tall blonde and brunette men in white towels,with wet hair that just got out of the shower. They walked in front of me and surprisingly, their room was right next to mine! They were probably europeans because they spoke differently. I've had online tutorial courses with german speaking and I can distinctly hear the same intonation when they talk.

Trivia: European men are on my top list as the most hottest men in earth. Country specifically of interest is on Germany. Hahaha!

As much as I praised them for their appearance, I also got the time to appreciate mine. Because, when I was there, I looked like the foreigner. Their stares meant that I too was pleasing their eyes. My sun kissed skin, my face.. Hahaha. Or not.. But I'd like to think the positive side of the story.

What I liked more about being in Manila is that you get to see other nationals. It was like a melting pot of different people and culture. It was all good during the day but, when night came.. Well, let's just say that it traumatized me. VERY different from Davao!

Malate = Red Light District.
No wonder a writer tagged Manila as the Gate  of Hell. Pun intended.

So summing it up, I conclude that the trip was memorable and fun. You'll know the feeling when you go and try it yourself. Earn experiences and live life to the fullest, just like this group of teens enjoying a foam party.



I wish I was in the middle of them though :) 

This is davaokiddo, saying goodnight! Keep safe y'all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment