Saturday, November 8, 2014

As a 20-ish human

Hooray. I survived my first month as an employee. As a hard earning citizen of the Philippines, I mostly devote my time and money to family.

15% of my income goes to me, and the rest goes to family. Yes I have plans for the future, but knowing that we are financially 'broken', I consider this days as null days. Days in which I must first think of my family before myself.

Being a Filipino, I know I'm not the only one in this situation. It's not that I don't like giving back to family. I love my family as much as I love myself. However, what I hate the most is this system: Filipino's being trapped in this 'rat race'.

I hope that someday, future Filipinos would put this current economic state in history books and live on as one of the first world countries in Earth.

As I stare at the full moon and write this entry, I can't help but feel scared about what the future holds for me. Would I succeed in life? Would I be happy growing old? What would my life-turning decisions be? Will I finally reveal myself?

The last statement still haunts me as I write this...

Senti mode,

Davaokiddo.

No comments:

Post a Comment