Thursday, April 21, 2016

My 3rd HIV Testing Experience (with VIDEO)



There have been changes in the screening process of HIV in the HACT Clinic from the time that I had my testing there. (See: HIV Testing at HACT).

For one, they now conduct the 'extraction of blood' from the clinic itself. It's good because people can now discreetly withdraw blood for the test without risking their identity from too much exposure. But take note that they only do this in the morning, so if you come late and arrive at the afternoon, you'll have to go down to the laboratory and have your extraction there.

The nurse that extracted blood from me was a bit nervous. She couldn't find the vein (because of my fats XD). There was also a drop of blood on the table, which made me jumpy. She didn't even bother changing the gloves from the previous patient then back to me (because she said that any remnant of the virus would be dead in seconds when in contact with air) can any medical professional confirm this? At that point I wanted to go to the laboratory downstairs rather than letting an 'inexperienced' nurse inject a needle in my vein.

To proceed, she got three (3) vials necessary for the different tests to be conducted if the patient is a positive (reactive) or a negative (non-reactive). She also added that results can be given 2 hours after the procedure (as compared to the 2 days result last year).

After the extraction, she told me I can take my lunch, which I delightfully did (because I was so hungry) so, I took a ride going to Abreeza for lunch. I even met someone down the road. He was
really attractive (Robin Padilla aura), and a beefy body. Too bad I was taller than him though. Here he is.



After lunch, I went back inside the hospital to see if the results we're okay, and sure enough (God is good), I had another NR (Non-reactive) result again. "Thank you Lord".

I actually have a video of the whole process (sorry for my bad pronounciation/grammar). Through this, I hope people like me (closet gays) with no gay friends of other people to accompany them, look at this video as a guide on how to get to the clinic by themselves. Don't be afraid to get tested. :) It's always better to know your status.

By the way, if you want a disguise, a good example would be a photo shown below. The security wouldn't mind the facemask (maybe they got used to it, cause there are lots of people wearing masks).


This is davaokiddo, getting ready for tomorrow's event (Alcatraz Penal Bar, large LGBT event daw). Not sure how true is that. Not even sure if I'll come. To the people who are interested in accompanying me, you can always email me at davaokiddo@gmail.com.

Lovelots,

Davaokiddo


You can watch more here. Sorry for the bad video/audio/grammar etc. It's my first time to do this. At least you now know my voice. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment